Saturday, November 15, 2008

I sold my soul for a T-shirt slogan.

It's been a week since I wrote last time. Well naturally I had a huge hangover Sunday, and couldn't do shit. Then school, gym & stuff on Monday. Then drunk again on Tuesday. Tuesday after normal bars closed, we went to these after hours bars, which are open until like 10AM. So naturally we were there until something like 8AM. One of the most sickest experiences of my life, was to walk outside from a bar, when the sun was shining already. Obviously the Whiskey bottle we ordered 4AM didn't help the situation at all. So basically at taxi I was sleeping and leaning on Tommy, I win. Wednesday is somewhat hazy and unpleasant... And so forth... Friday we took easy and went to school, gym and played tennis.

So then we come to Saturday. I woke up something like 10AM. We went to play tennis at 11AM. After tennis we took tuna salads from the restaurant downstairs. That's pretty much today. I've been playing a lot of poker today, as well as every day this week. It's going nice, and I'm getting my bankroll to acceptable levels slowly, but steady. But I cheated little on the bankroll management and moved to bigger levels, before I had planned. This was because, it was simply impossible for me to continue to play on the level I was playing, since I was making bad moves, only because the money didn't hurt me in anyway. At the moment, I'm drinking beer, chilling and taking some poker sessions. Tonight we're heading out, no idea where. They have the Queen's funeral now, so basically everything should be closed, and no alcohol is to be sold anywhere. Tho in Thailand, no one refuses when you offer them money, so they sell under the table. But let's Youtube little. First I'll put a song from Disco Ensemble, called Eyes Of A Ghost. I've seen this band several times live, guaranteed good gig!



The music video is made by the guy who uploaded it. He used footage from the Disco Ensemble DVD. Second I'd like to put songs called Threat Letter Typewriter and This Is My Head Exploding from Disco Ensemble, now live versions.



Now let's head to more serious stuff. Tool - The Grudge. The coolest spot of the song is at 7:42, where Maynard shrieks for 20 seconds without any disturbance in the voice, wow. Wonder who can do the same.



Tool - The Pot.



Finally, but certainly not least, Tool - Vicarious.



This is the only non-live Tool song I put. The music video is guaranteed Tool quality. I've seen Tool live only once, but certainly will not remain the same. Tool is the greatest band in the world in my opinion. Enjoy !

Life's too short to be afraid. Take a pill to numb the pain.

-Ilkka

No comments: