Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday's Gone

Tuesday everyone. Sorry I haven't written anything in a few days, but in my defence, I've been really busy with school, shopping and entertainment. Or maybe I've just been lazy. I guess you'll never know.

Yesterday we went to Pantip Plaza, basically a big shopping centre packed with IT stuff, mostly there were actually nothing more, well electronics okay. It was the place we were looking for, we have been in the search of a VGA-cable for 3 weeks now and nowhere had it been found yet. Pantip was a gold mine, instantly we found it and purchased of course.

After Pantip we went walking in the search for a place to eat. We found a local restaurant, not so crowded with westerners. I ordered some chicken with sweet & sour sauce. I have to tell you, it was the best sweet & sour chicken I've ever had, simply amazing. And the price was, well, cheap as usual. It was about 6 in the evening and it is the worst traffic on the streets, so there were no hope in getting a taxi to take us home. We had to go for a beer, what a tragedy.

We got on a tuk-tuk and told the chauffeur to take us to some bar, no Go-Go, no naked girls and so on. We drove for a while and he took us to a bar, well, it didn't open until 9, and the place looked quite fishy in my opinion. So what other place did we know, of course Patpong. This time we got to the real shopping street called Patpong, there were a lot of stuff for a low price, but we just wanted to drink a beer. So while walking down the road some thai people dragged us practically inside a bar. Yes, we got our beers, amazing.

The bar was KISS-bar in Patpong. Inside we noticed that there were alot of girls dancing in bikinis. Unfortunately, maybe, taking photos was not allowed so I can't show you pictures. The bar itself was quite nice, with good music, such as Welcome to the Jungle by Guns n' Roses. We actually didn't mind the girls too much, but we were given the option to buy the girls, to go dancing or whatever you do, it is up to the girl. No thanks for us. There were some local thai men also having a blast I can imagine.

Here is the best live version of Welcome to the Jungle, best GNR concert ever. '88 in Ritz.




Today was a good day at school, just like yesterday, nothing to complain really there. Today I got really dissapointed at the Benja Restaurant, which is the restaurant downstairs. Before school I ordered a Ham and Cheese sandwich as a breakfast. We were in a hurry, but still I had to wait 15 minutes, and then the guy comes and says theyre out of ham. WTF? Come on, why didn't he know it instantly. Well I behaved very correctly and just told him that we need to go to school so we can not wait anymore. I actually paid for the sandwich but didn't get the item. Soon we will be heading to the gym again, and after that I will go and find out the story of my sandwich.


Metallica - Tuesday's Gone, a good cover of Lynyrd Skynyrd original.



Today we are going to go to the Royal City Avenue, or RCA, to see some bars and whatever we find there of course. Maybe first we go out for a good ol' steak or whatever. Probably we will go to Jameson once again to see our friends play for a while. We just don't know yet.

All we know is that RCA watch out. The boys are back in town.

-Tommy

No comments: