Sunday, October 19, 2008

Farewell Party

As mentioned before, I couldn't make my first posting here yesterday, because I was, apparently, doing what I do best, getting drunk.

I haven't had any interest lately in exploring the party scene of Oulu since Bangkok has been on my mind. Yesterday was an exception since it was kind of my farewell party which I celebrated with guys from work. First destination in the city centre of Oulu was a bar called Karaoke, I don't recall being there before, but I remember that years ago a friend of mine was thrown out of there for starting some kind of a hassle with a 200kg giant. I had some (many) drinks there and played Black Jack for an hour or so. Didn't win and didn't lose so it was very pleasant because usually I only lose at the game.

Second destination was the bar called Kantis, it's really not one of my favorites but hey, there really ain't such good bars in Oulu. Luckily, we are on our way to Bangkok and we'll see what happens there. At Kantis, I started to be so drunk, that my memory was playing tricks with me, I can't quite remember what happened there or after. So, all in all, the partying at the bars was very successful but I'm happy I don't have to do it in Oulu in the near future again.

The night ended actually this morning about 9 o´clock, when I woke up from my friends apartment and sneaked out to go home. Reminds me a bit of one night stand adventures experienced at younger age.

Today I experienced, yet again, one of the worst hangovers ever. I intended to write a post to the blog already in the morning but I just couldn't get out of bed. I tried several times, but I found it totally impossible. Finally at 4pm I got out of bed and went for a pizza. It was actually the last pizza before Thailand, but it was mighty good and really saved the rest of the day.

I will keep the tradition alive and add a youtube video of a song, that somehow fits the current post.



Why this particular song then? Well, I really have had a Dog Day Afternoon. This song is from a Swedish rap-artist called Promoe. Listen to the lyrics carefully and you'll all understand.

Peace.

-Tommy

No comments: