Saturday, October 18, 2008

Preparations

So, here it is. We leave next Tuesday. We fly Oulu-Helsinki and then Helsinki-Bangkok, straight flight+Finnair will make things a lot easier.

Right now I'm sitting at work, getting insanely bored and excited of our trip to come. Weekend work sucks, especially when your shift is from 6pm-6am. Normally I don't do this work, but since they asked me to fill in for the normal guy, I decided to go for it. It's hard to say no, since I practically don't have to do anything here, except watch tv/surf internet/drink coffee etc. Since for some reason I'm too bored to grind NLHE heads up(multitable short handed sucks without poker tracker), I decided to make the first post here. Tommy is doing what he does best, getting drunk.

So what do you need before you leave? Vaccines should be definately checked. Hepatitis A+B are vital. Japanese Encephalitis is incredibly unlikely to get, but since the symptoms are very fatal and possibly gives you a life time brain damage, we decided to play it safe and take it also. Malaria is taken in pills before and during, you are in some area that it resides. We are going to buy those pills in Thailand, should we need them. We decided to change some money before we're entering the country, to make things easier there. We checked which place would give the best exchange rate, and decided to take our business to Forex, instead of some bank. Getting visa to Thailand was pretty easy. It was handled by the Thai embassy located in Helsinki by mail.

I decided, that I try to add some songs/videos/links/pictures from Youtube and other sites, which are somehow related to the current post. Most likely the links will be totally irrelevant, but life's hard.

First link is a song called The Quiet Place by In Flames, a Swedish band that plays melodic death metal. The song is from album Soundtrack To Your Escape, which also has my favorite song from In flames, My Sweet Shadow. I saw them this summer at Rockperry festival at Vaasa. An insane gig. They're also playing in Helsinki in near future, but sadly I'm going to be quite too far to go to see the gig. So why this song? It was the last song I listened from my MP4 player before I arrived to work today. Yes, I couldn't come up with anything better.

Enjoy !




When I reviewed my text, I decided to add an another song also. Since I mentioned my favorite song from In Flames, it would be stupid not to put it also, wouldn't it? I decided to put a live version from Rock Am Ring 2006, since the ending is insane. They ended the Rockperry gig also with the same song.




-Ilkka

No comments: