Monday, October 20, 2008

Last full day in Oulu

Today morning it hit me. I was driving at motorway to home. Normally at morning rush before the Oulu river bridge, the traffic on the rightmost lane slows from 80 / 100km/h to 60km/h, since one of the most crowded slip road connects to the motorway there. Normally I change to the fast lane, and quietly curse in my mind FFFFFUUUUUUUUU-! But today morning was different, Radio Rock was playing a song from The Verve(check the video below) called Bittersweet Symphony.




A calm feeling fulfilled me, and I didn't even feel the need to rush anywhere. At that point I finally fully realized, that fuck, I'm leaving tomorrow. Fucking awesome! That song is truly a great piece of art in my opinion, even though I really haven't listened a lot of Verve. Again I decided to pick a live, since I found a really good quality one. I don't think that anyone would disagree with me, that a really good live version of a song beats a studio one 100-0.

On another note. Am I the only one who thinks that the singer of The Verve reminds disturbingly much of John Holmes without mustache?

Yesterday we went to this pub called Gloria. I was invited by a friend to see a band from Oulu called Downstone. It was an invitation only gig, so the atmosphere was pretty nice. The fact that they had free food, wine, cider etc, surely helped it. The most funny fact was that they also served free cigarettes?! They were served on the tables in glasses. What the fuck? Before the gig I quickly listened few songs from them (check link), and I have to say, I was really impressed. I recorded a short video with my cellphone. The quality is obviously pretty bad, but it's definitely at least watchable.




Now I'm finishing this entry at coffee place called Coffee House at downtown with my laptop. Now I guess I'll have to start moving to take care of some business. Later I'm gonna go eat with my parents, and after that possibly to Hevimesta for 1€ beers. The plane leaves tomorrow 5pm to Helsinki, and I haven't even started to pack. Although it really doesn't matter, since I'm not going to take anything with me, except the absolutely necessary things and one set of clean clothes.

Take care !

-Ilkka

No comments: