Thursday, October 30, 2008

Taking it easy

So today I woke up something like 11 AM. After few minutes of walking around our crib, we decided to go to gym. The gym was awesome, a lot better than our previous one. I can really see myself working out there every day!

After the gym, we went to our downstairs restaurant and ordered some take-away food. I ordered a hamburger with chicken salad, and again, ended up paying something like under 2€ for it. I know, eating things like that in Thailand is retarded, but I was really hungry, and was drooling after some old school hamburger. The hamburger was super standard, but the chicken salad was insane. The food was delivered to our door with no extra charge, nice. While eating I watched this show called Family Guy. A cartoon show, with very little smart going on. Now and then they like to take stand on real stuff. Here's a clip from the episode I watched. Enjoy !



After food we showered and went to mall to buy a lot of stuff for our new apartment. From frying pans to chili sauce. From kitchen paper to extension cord. So basically everything. Again we burned kinda nice amount of money, but that's life. There was this salad bar in the store, where you could buy tons of different vegetables, fruits, salad dressings etc for something like 30c/100g! I bought pretty big salad, which looked really delicious. The big stores are filled with stuff like this, you could never see in Finland. This really is the country of good food.

I really love Thailand because they pack your groceries at the counter for you. After cashier a nice fellow in white suit decided to take some of our bags and lead us to the closest taxi. I didn't know whether I should or shouldn't tip him, so I decided to tip. After that we took taxi back to our place started unpacking our stuff.

I ate some shrimp noodles for dinner from a real noodle cup, really good and spicy. After that, I took a little nap and then we went to downstairs to hang around little. I bought this watermelon smoothie, which is healthy, for something like 60c from the store downstairs. It is my new favorite drink! Now I think I'll take a glass of Thai whiskey and start to grind some poker, since my motivation is really high. I also had to move extra 500€ from my poker account, since I have really spent a lot more than I expected. But luckily I was prepared for that.

But now I'm off to new adventures. Finally I'd like to put a song from The Rolling Stones called Gimme Shelter. I think it might be the best song from them.



Take care !

-Ilkka

No comments: