Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Take off

I woke up this morning, nervous as hell, sometime before nine. As I was wiping the sleep from my eyes, it really hit me hard, shit, today is going to be the day we'll leave everything behind, and start our journey. I remembered that I had to wake Ilkka up at ten, since yesterday he was doing the thing he loves the most, drinking alcohol excessively. I knew that without me he was never getting out of bed, so, as a friend, I felt obliged to help him out yet again.

I also had to run some errands today, It wasn't so nice and I became all sentimental, but it was expected. I just had to watch some series also again, this time it was Californication, starring David Duchovny as Hank Moody, a novelist with a lot of issues with his personal life. I like the series, though, the second season hasn't been as good nor funny as the first season. Todays song is from episode four of the second season. The song is Free Bird from Lynyrd Skynyrd.



This song, to me, is a perfect farewell song, and also explains my feelings at the moment quite accurately. I chose a live version, because it just is so much better than the album version, especially the solo.

Today was also the day of packing. I have a medium-sized suitcase, and the weight of it packed, is about 15kg. It was really surprising, since I didn't even pack so much stuff. The weight limit for Finnair is 23kg with our kind of ticket. Can't wait for the return trip, to see how much excessive weight I have then. I'm not too worried though, I'll just pay for the fee and not cry about it.

I would love to tell you more about the day but, time is short and I'm running late soon for the plane, that would be a bummer. Next post will be from Thailand then.



Enjoy this last peace of art. Half the world away - by Oasis. Just because we will be on the other side of the world tomorrow.

- Tommy

No comments: